The eagle drew courage from an innate wisdom. Until her children discovered their wings, there was no purpose for their lives. Until they learned how to soar, they would fail to understand the privilege it was to have been born an eagle. The push was the greatest thing she had to offer. It was her supreme act of love. And so one by one she pushed them, and they flew!
Coaching and Mentoring Services
Professional coaching and mentoring is picking up popularity as more and more people find it useful to have a guide to help them navigate the complexity and demands of working life.
The coaching process helps you gain objectivity and clarity around issues you may be struggling with, improvements you are trying to make in your professional life, skills you are trying to develop in order to be more effective and attitudes you are trying to change to help you grow as a person.
Coaching can be regarded as a form of lower-depth counselling or psychotherapy that focuses on work-related skills and issues. It offers the personalized quality of the counselling relationship while dealing with skill-related issues in a deeper way than would be possible in a group setting. It is of particular value for managers and leaders who want greater insight about their personality, characteristics that help or hinder effective leadership. Coaching helps to find valuable and effective ways of enhancing performance with people. The following are some of the issues that are often dealt with during coaching sessions:
- Skills in leading, motivating and empowering people
- Understanding oneself, assessing personal strengths and areas for development
- Understanding the difference between management and leadership
- Dealing with conflict and challenging situations
- Communicating positively
- Building healthy working relationships
- Maintaining work/life balance
- Mastering negative emotions and emotional reactions
- Learning assertiveness techniques
- Problem solving and decision making
- Addressing social and emotional problems of staff
- Managing time and prioritizing
- Delegating effectively
- Planning & implementing skills
- Organising & controlling
Mentoring is generally more concerned with the overall development and direction rather than a specific skill. While utilizing a very similar skill set to coaching the focus tends to be more holistic. It offers a great opportunity for people to be understood and challenged within a relationship of openness and trust.
PsyPotential offers coaching and mentoring services delivered by fully qualified and experienced professionals who are either psychologists, psychotherapists and counselors or who have had formal coaching training and are in possession of a recognized coaching certification.